I Cut Into an Apple and You'll Never Believe What I Found!
The other day at work I was cutting up an apple for one of the horses. I use this great little cutting device that works like a scissor. On one side there is a sharp knife edge and on the other side is a mini cutting board. So, it's like using a knife and cutting board but packaged up into a nice little scissor like gadget. It's great! Snip-snip. Anyway, I was cutting up this apple and as I turned the apple round (avoiding my fingers) snipping off pieces into the feed bucket, a piece fell off and immediately caught my attention. Sitting in the bucket was a piece that clearly showed part of the apple core but it was cut at an angle such that the seed pockets in the core formed a heart shape.
Immediately I thought of Becky!
Becky is a friend though I never really knew her that well. Regardless, I liked Becky because she had a good heart. If you were to ask me how I know this I couldn't tell you. I would simply reply with, "I just know." I also feel like her heart has maybe been broken a few times. Perhaps that is why she likes hearts so much. The heart is real. She honours her heart - lives in this space.
Our "heart space," as a friend of mine calls it, is where we carry a lot of our pain. It sits in the centre of our chest and when that person we love so much is taken from us - either through death or a trip back to the front lines or for some other reason - it hurts. Our heart space hurts - you can actually feel it. It's a tight feeling that sort of burns. You know that feeling you get behind and around your eyes just before you cry? It's that feeling but in your chest - as if your heart is trying to cry as well.
The heart carries a lot of memories of pain but also of joyful and happy moments. It is also a place for ideas to be born. Often we hear people say tings like, "She has such a wonderful heart." Or, "His heart is full of such love and compassion." It's as though this space in our bodies holds a bio-machine that stores significant information yet simultaneously generates ideas that can be manifested into reality. "Seeds" for the light or "seeds" for the darkness. Hatred is often born out of a heart that has been hurt. People we trust betray our confidence and vulnerability and we yearn to get even. Others come alongside us and love us where we are at and in turn we are lifted up and the light we feel gives us the desire to be kind and compassionate to others. All from the heart.
And so I think back to that heart shape core and the seeds that sit in those little pockets and I am grateful that the universe uses nature to bring us a message from the Divine. We are apples. We have the ability to bring life to others. We have a core (our soul) and in that core is our heart space. Within that heart space are seeds (the ability to make manifest ideas and potential). These seeds are sitting there, ready for the opportunity to be planted and nurtured so they can germinate and grow into something that brings life to those around us and, in turn, to ourselves.
So...
Becky, I'm thinking of you!
Horse, your apple is ready.
To the rest of us - the Divine is everywhere with a message for you and for me.
Immediately I thought of Becky!
Becky is a friend though I never really knew her that well. Regardless, I liked Becky because she had a good heart. If you were to ask me how I know this I couldn't tell you. I would simply reply with, "I just know." I also feel like her heart has maybe been broken a few times. Perhaps that is why she likes hearts so much. The heart is real. She honours her heart - lives in this space.
Our "heart space," as a friend of mine calls it, is where we carry a lot of our pain. It sits in the centre of our chest and when that person we love so much is taken from us - either through death or a trip back to the front lines or for some other reason - it hurts. Our heart space hurts - you can actually feel it. It's a tight feeling that sort of burns. You know that feeling you get behind and around your eyes just before you cry? It's that feeling but in your chest - as if your heart is trying to cry as well.
The heart carries a lot of memories of pain but also of joyful and happy moments. It is also a place for ideas to be born. Often we hear people say tings like, "She has such a wonderful heart." Or, "His heart is full of such love and compassion." It's as though this space in our bodies holds a bio-machine that stores significant information yet simultaneously generates ideas that can be manifested into reality. "Seeds" for the light or "seeds" for the darkness. Hatred is often born out of a heart that has been hurt. People we trust betray our confidence and vulnerability and we yearn to get even. Others come alongside us and love us where we are at and in turn we are lifted up and the light we feel gives us the desire to be kind and compassionate to others. All from the heart.
And so I think back to that heart shape core and the seeds that sit in those little pockets and I am grateful that the universe uses nature to bring us a message from the Divine. We are apples. We have the ability to bring life to others. We have a core (our soul) and in that core is our heart space. Within that heart space are seeds (the ability to make manifest ideas and potential). These seeds are sitting there, ready for the opportunity to be planted and nurtured so they can germinate and grow into something that brings life to those around us and, in turn, to ourselves.
So...
Becky, I'm thinking of you!
Horse, your apple is ready.
To the rest of us - the Divine is everywhere with a message for you and for me.
Comments
Post a Comment