An Introduction
Well, here I am. My
first blog. I’ve been thinking about
this for quite some time and today I finally “jumped in.” No expectations. Just space to grow and expand. But first, some house keeping...
The title of this
Blog is The Box Stall Medium. First, what is a box stall? Quite literally, it is a stall in the shape
of a box. It is a stall (usually for a
farm animal say, a horse) that is not big enough for two animals but large
enough for one that it may move around freely.
You see them at horse stables. I
happen to work at a horse stable and so that, in part, explains where that idea
for this blog originated.
Second, who is the medium?
Is it me or the box stall?
Actually, it is me. I am the Box
Stall Medium. But, let me clarify
something. I do not, in any way claim to
be a medium as people generally think of mediums. I don’t “knowingly” receive messages from the
dead. I put quotations around the word
knowingly because this is a gray area for me.
I do dream from time to time of people who have died. Some of them I have been close to and others
I have not. Do they give me messages? I would have to say - hesitantly - yes. But, I believe that many of us have had these
experiences and it really is not that extraordinary. When I think of mediums, I am mostly thinking
of people who have an innate or cultivated gift of bringing messages from the dead
to people around us in the physical world.
In this way, I do not claim to be a medium. So, why then would I refer to myself as a
medium when I don’t claim to have this gift of mediumship? The answer is simple. Because I am a medium. We all are mediums. I suggest that we all have the innate ability
to receive messages from the Divine. (Some
might choose to interpret the Divine as our subconscious...that is fine. I’m not here to tell you how to view the spirit world – a realm that is still very
much unknown and misunderstood (I think)).
When we receive these messages they are for us. But, sometimes we want to share our
experiences with others. In either way,
we are receiving messages from the world of Spirit. I think this makes you and I mediums.
Thirdly, why a box stall?
I am a horse nanny and I work at a horse stable for Dressage
horses. Essentially, this is how my day
plays out. I go to work and feed the
horses. Then, we the horses are done
eating, I put on their coats (blankets) and send them out of their “rooms” to
get fresh air. While they are outside “playing”
I clean their rooms. That is, I shovel
pounds and pounds of shit and horse piss into a wagon and take it out to the
manure pile. After I clean their rooms
(the box stalls), I get their supper ready for the evening feed and then
prepare their breakfast. After several
hours of being outside – getting their fresh air – I bring the horses in and
take off their coats and “tuck them in” for the night. Through all of this, I have come to realize
that I spend a lot of time during the day thinking about stuff – especially when
I am in the box stalls shoveling shit.
It is a task to which my body simply adapts with a predictable rhythm leaving
my mind free to think and meditate. It’s
a “moving stones from here to there” type of meditation. It is during this time that I sometimes
receive messages. I don’t suspect that
these messages are ground-breaking, earth-shattering, or never-before-heard
messages. They are very likely to be
messages that have come to people from the beginning of time. But, for me they are very much epiphany type
moments.
Like I said above, I don’t have any expectations regarding
this blog space (more on that in my first official blog post). Rather, it is a space for me to process. I simply choose to process publicly because
maybe, just maybe, there is someone who will read my thoughts and experiences
and receive their own message from the Divine.
That would be excellent too.
Comments
Post a Comment